The Ron Brown Scholar Fund offers multiple $40,000 scholarships to eligible college-bound high school seniors as part of its mission to encourage civic engagement, while promoting academic excellence and community among young African Americans of outstanding promise.
Recipients of the Ron Brown scholarship receive financial resources to attend the college of there choice, as well as service opportunities, leadership experience, and mentorship.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be Black or African American.
- Excel academically.
- Exhibit exceptional leadership potential.
- Participate in community service.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- A U.S. Citizen or hold a permanent resident visa card.
- Be a current high school senior at the time of your application.
[clickToTweet tweet=”$40,000 @ronbrownscholar Scholarship for US Citizens & Green Card Holders #Caribbeancollegebound” quote=”$40,000 scholarship for college-bound high school seniors from the Ron Brown Scholar Program!” theme=”style2″]
Scholarship Application Deadline
A completed paper application must be submitted in the mail and postmarked by:
- November 1 for the early consideration deadline; and
- January 9 for the final application deadline.
Related: More Scholarships for U.S. & Caribbean Students
The scholarship application can be download on the scholarship program announcement page, here: The Ron Brown Scholarship.
~ Melisa Boutin