Winning scholarships was one approach I used to get off the path to $100,000 in student loan debt and I am always happy to share an opportunity like this one, that give U.S. and International Students from the Caribbean a chance to be awarded free money, which brings me to today’s scholarship alert.
Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship
$55, 000 in scholarship awards are up for grabs for U.S. and International college students, including those from the Caribbean, who have a desire to pursue a career in fraud examination or a similar anti-fraud profession. The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), through the Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship will be offering 29 students the following award amounts:
- One (1) $10,000,
- Two (2) $5,000,
- Six (6) $2,500; and
- Twenty (20) $1,000.
To be eligible, applicants must be enrolled full-time in one of the eligible major or minors in accounting, business administration, finance, criminal justice or a related field.
Related: More Scholarships for U.S. & Caribbean Students:
The scholarship application is due January 29th and can be submitted online here: ACFE Scholarship Online Application
Who is eligible to apply
- Undergraduates enrolled in 9 semester hours per term
- Graduates enrolled in 6 semester hours (or equivalent) per term
- Complete the Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship Application online
- Be currently enrolled at an accredited, four-year college or university with enrollment through the 2018-2019 academic year
- Upload Official Transcript(s) showing all completed college or university courses
- Have three letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf, preferably with at least one from a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
Who is ineligible to apply
- Past scholarship award recipients
- High school students (including seniors)
- Junior college or community college students
- College or university students graduating in 2018 (student must be enrolled through 2019)
- ACFE Chapter officers or directors
If you are a U.S. or international student and you are eligible to apply definitely submit your application before the deadline: January 29.
I will continue to keep an eye out for scholarships for Caribbean American, and Caribbean International students and you can always check the Here for more scholarship opportunities.