Th Fund for Education Aboard (FEA) is offering multiple scholarships, of up to $10,000 per award, to promising students who are underrepresented in education abroad and have a demonstrated financial need.
Applicants will be considered for all the available scholarships for study abroad programs that start in the summer, and any semester during the upcoming academic year (fall through spring).
Available Scholarship Awards
Access Partner Scholarships
- For applicants participating on programs hosted by providers
Boston Area SAA Scholarship
- For an applicant who attend a U.S. university/college located in the BASAA area
DC Area Scholarship
- For an applicant who attends a U.S. university/college located in the DC, Northern VA, or suburban MD.
Fund for Global Scholars
- For applicants to tackle global challenges through international experience, leadership skills and cultural competence
Hillary Echo Douglas Award
- Awarded to one applicant each year planning to study abroad in Vietnam or within other Southeast Asian cultures
Go Global Scholarship
- For an applicant planning to study abroad in Mexico, Central America, South America, France, or Germany
- Awarded to one applicant who attends a U.S. university/college located in Minnesota
PDX Abroad Scholarship
- For an applicant who attends a U.S. university/college located in the Portland, Oregon area
- For a LGBTQI student who aims to participate in a high-quality, rigorous education abroad program
STA Travel Start the Adventure
- Scholarships are awarded to applicants planning to study during the summer semester
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate at a college or university in the U.S.
- Study abroad program must be eligible for credit at the student’s home institution
- Participate in a study abroad program must be at least 4 weeks (28 days) in country/countries
Additional information about the eligibility requirements, plus helpful resources for applicants can be found here; FEA Scholarship Eligibility.
[clickToTweet tweet=”#StudyAbroad Scholarships for U.S. Citizens & Green Card Holders from @feascholarships! #Caribbeancollegebound” quote=”$10,000 Study Abroad schoalrship available for U.S. Citizens & Green Card Holders!” theme=”style2″]
Scholarship Application Deadline
The deadline to apply for these FEA scholarship opportunities is January 10
Related: More Scholarships for U.S. & Caribbean Students
First-generation, Minority and community college students are encouraged to apply and the application for the FEA scholarships is available, here: FEA Scholarship Application.
~ Melisa Boutin