YourMoneyWorth.com was selected for the inaugural, Summer 2016 Batch, for The First Caribbean Startup Digital Accelerator held by CaribbeanStartedups.com – The Home of the Caribbean’s Startup Ecosystem.
As the founder of YourMoneyWorth.com, I joined 422 other entrepreneurs, and together, we represented the 105 companies selected for the Summer 2016 Cohort. The Accelerator took place July, 11th through July 13th, 2016, and included a 2-day startup development program, followed by a virtual demo day for 10 selected companies.
Top 10 Startups Selected for CaribbeanStartups.com
Demo Day (Summer 2016)
- http://www.aquaflowjm.com (Jamaica) Water efficiency for the future.
- http://www.tabancabox.com (Trinidad) Curated box of local foods delivered to your door!
- http://www.farmslc.com (St.Lucia) Farming made simple.
- http://www.techbaseltd.com (Trinidad) Disrupting digital support for local businesses.
- http://www.thelocalapp.info (Antigua) The google maps of the Caribbean
- http://www.kwabosal.ht (Haiti) Destined to become the amazon of Haiti-#1 e-commerce for the country.
- http://www.livewireact.com (Jamaica) Transforming the face of entertainment in the Caribbean.
- http://www.caribbeanandco.com (Montserrat) Centralized hub for tourism and travel within the Caribbean.
- http://www.carryonfriends.com (Jamaica) The leading blog site for anything Caribbean.
- Instagram.com/plantbasedforyou (Guyana) Changing how we eat, one produce at a time.
The top ten selected startups had the opportunity to pitch their respective businesses, virtually, to Demo Day Judges: Sandra Glasgow, Founder and Managing Director of Biztactics Limited and Founding Member of Jamaica’s First Angel Investors Network; Varelie Croes, Founder of the Liv Group and Co-Founder of ATECH; Robby Bitting, Managing Director of Marketing at Mass Challenge Boston; and Vanessa Alexandra Pestritto is Partner at Lattice Ventures.
Top 3 Startups Selected for CaribbeanStartups.com
Caribbean Digital Accelerator (Summer 2016)
First Place: http://www.aquaflowjm.com (Jamaica) Water efficiency for the future.
Second Place: instagram.com/plantbasedforyou (Guyana) Changing how we eat, one produce at a time.
Third Place: http://www.kwabosal.ht (Haiti) Destined to become the Amazon of Haiti- #1 e-commerce for the country.
Each of the top 3 startups selected from the demo day presentations each won $3,000 in prizes to help propel the business forward!
My own experience during the CaribbeanStartups.com‘s Caribbean Digital Accelerator was an exciting and informative one, that has provided me with even more knowledge to pursue the vision of YourMoneyWorth.com empowering Caribbean Millennials to do better with money. Even more so, I have gained access to a community of driven Caribbean entrepreneurs, who will, no doubt, be making massive impacts in tech and business within the Caribbean region and beyond.
You Can Apply Too!
If you are a Caribbean startup or entrepreneur, CaribbeanStartups.com is accepting applications for their Fall Caribbean Digital Accelerator which are due October 5th, 2016. Get more information on applying here: Free Digital Accelerator Fall 2016