Soroptimist, a global women’s organization whose members volunteer to improve the lives of disadvantaged women and girls, is offering Live Your Dream Awards to eligible women.
The awards are designed to assist women who provide the primary source of financial support for their families, by giving them the financial resources they need offset any costs associated with their efforts to improve their education, skills and employment prospects.
In addition to providing the primary financial support for their families, eligible applicants must be enrolled in, or have been accepted to, a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program and must demonstrate financial need.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Be motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Reside in the United States of another one of the Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories.
- Not have been a previous recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
- Has a Social Security number or Tax ID number (applicable to U.S. residents).
Scholarship Application Deadline:
The application for this scholarship is due November 15.
Applications can be submitted online via the scholarship page, here: Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards.
~ Melisa Boutin