The Florida Non-Profit, The Jamaican Women of Florida is offering a $1,000 scholarship award opportunity for college-bound, female high school students, who are Florida residents of Jamaican descent. The goal of this scholarship program is to ” encourage the recipient to achieve her four-year educational goal at a tertiary institution.”
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be first or second generation Jamaican descent.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.5 throughout the tenure of the scholarship.
- Take college credits in International Studies and/or Women Studies, if available.
- Demonstrate continuous involvement in volunteer community projects throughout college.
- Write a 2-page essay explaining why she should be awarded the scholarship.
- Complete application materials, including, the essay, volunteer activities and projects, school transcripts
Application Deadline: March 16th.Jamaican American High School Students: Apply to Win $1,000 for College from Jamaican Women of Florida!Click To Tweet
Related: More Scholarships for U.S. & Caribbean Students
Where To Apply:
For more information on this scholarship opportunity and details on how to apply, visit The Jamaican Women of Florida’s website.
Good luck and share this post to spread the word!
~ Melisa Boutin