The Florida Caribbean Institute (FCI) offers renewable Out-of-State Tuition Waivers for Caribbean International Students who have been admitted or meet the requirements for admission to any university or community college of the public education system of the State of Florida. Out-of-State tuition waivers can represent a 60% discount on tuition international students pay.
A limited number of these waivers are available, so run, don’t walk, if you are eligible to apply.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be an international student with a F1, or J1 visa.
- Be fully admitted to a state college or university.
- Have at least a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Be a citizen of the Caribbean from:
– Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados – Belize, Dominica, Dominican Republic – Grenada – Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, St. Kitts and Nevis – St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines – Trinidad and Tobago
- Be committed to returning to your Caribbean country after the completion of your studies, for a length of time equal to their exemption period, as required.
Check out this great funding opportunity for Caribbean International Students!Click To Tweet
All applications for this out-of-state tuition waiver opportunity are due June 1st.
The application can be downloaded, HERE and submitted by mail to:
FLORIDA-CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE (FCI)
Kimberly Green Latin American and Caribbean Center
Florida International University
11200 SW 8th Street
Modesto A. Maidique Campus
Miami, FL 33199
Phone: (305) 348-2894
Fax: (305) 348-3593
Related: More Scholarships for U.S. & Caribbean Students
Where To Apply
For more information on the out-of-state tuition waiver and additional details on how to apply, visit The Florida International University Kimberly Green Latin American and Caribbean Center, funding opportunities, webpage, HERE.
Good luck and share this post to spread the word!
~ Melisa Boutin